The reNFT Project

The reNFT vision is to bring any asset that has a rentable use case whether in the digital or physical realm on-chain with an NFT for trustless, secure, and quick rentability. We see this as anything ranging from intellectual property rights, physical/digital real estate, to in game item purchases in gaming experiences. This intersection of NFTs and DeFi is where trustless smart contracts become incredibly powerful.

Moreover, we want the community to benefit in great capacity from this. We aim to fulfill the vision of a true DAO where each member is rewarded, to the extent that they are active participants in the community. All of the reNFT products will be under the umbrella of this DAO.

The initial and core reNFT product is a protocol layer that enables peer to peer renting of ERC-721 and ERC-1155 non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on Ethereum mainnet.

Before you commit any questions, please make sure that the answers have not been provided in our proposal paper, Read that here!

3 Likes

Great project guys! Iā€™m keen to join :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Exciting times ahead!

1 Like

Welcome buddy! Glad to have you here!:+1:t2:

I was wondering if this would be a good idea, to value somehow th NFT, and separate it from lending price. So if i have precious nft, I could ask eg 10 eth as colateral in escrow contract, but set lending fee for 1 month to 0.1 eth, and lend it for 2-3 months. If the nft is not returned I could take 10 eth in that case, if it is returned I collecr back my nft and fees. Right now as I understood from medium article, the fee for lending and coratelal is same. So if I want to lend for 0.1 eth monthly, for 3 months then colateral will be 0.3.

Hey @MadAsTheHatter! This suggestion is exactly how the reNFT protocol works. As the NFT owner you decide:

• The rental price
  • The rental duration
  • The rental collateral

So this is fully possible in the first iteration that is to be released!

• Nick